Outline of the main initiatives of the University of Tsukuba Open Innovation Strategy Organization.
Optimal faculty team for companies’ collaborative research needs
■Build faculty team based on the Faculty Database by Industrial Field
■Set up workshops to develop themes of collaborative research
Original system for mid-to-long term large-scale collaborative research
■R&D Center: Operated by external funds
■Special Collaborative Research Project: Employ company representatives as faculty members
Hub for International Industry-University collaboration and startup support
■Collaboration with overseas companies
■Fundraising from overseas investors
1. Boston 2. San Diego 3. Silicon Valley
Commercialization of research results by university startups
numbers of casesfund-raise amount
Startup ecosystem enhancement
1. Collaborative research 2. Donation
3. Stock Option 4. Education
- Risk Management & Compliance
Cooperation with four subcommittees and professional teams
Conflict of Interest, Export Control, Confidential Information, Competition Policy
Office of Conflict of Interest and Security Export Control at University of Tsukuba, IPA (Information Promotion Agency)
- Share social issues by industry-driven, build transdisciplinary teams
with industries and the university under the One Roof concept, and promote collaborative research.
- Utilize overseas hubs to activate license activities and fundraising.
- Support university startup launch and enhance collaborative research
to achieve a virtuous cycle of funds through the affective use of stock option system.