OISO currently promotes projects in seven areas of agriculture,
life science, biotechnology, service, energy, smart city, and material.
- 〈Area: Agriculture〉
Project: Agri-Food Peer
- The first in the world, GABA-rich tomato which is effective against hypertension was developed by using genome editing technology (CRISPR/Cas9).
Notification to government agencies was completed and the product was launched in May 2021.
- 〈Area: Life Science〉
Project: Precision Medicine
- 1. Industrial achievement: iLAC Co., Ltd., which is one of the university startups, concluded a business alliance with ITOCHU Corporation.
2. Academic achievement: Kyoto University which is the partner of collaborative research was published in Nature.
- 〈Area: Bio Technology〉
Project: Healthy Longevity Functionality Environmental Research
- At this project, functional factors (substances and stimuli) that enhance healthy longevity are studied, and collaborative researches to contribute to Active Wellness are conducted with several companies.
- 〈Area: Service〉
Project: Healthcare Quality Assessment
- Health Services R&D Center and Fast DOCTOR Inc., are conducting the large-scale, multi-year collaborative research.
- 〈Area: Energy〉
Project: Algae Biomass & Energy System
- The new technology that algae using sewage transforms to bio-crude oil.
The key to the project is efficiency at the industrial level.
- 〈Area: Smart City〉
Project: Tsukuba Future City
- The project consists of public demonstrations, experimentations, transdisciplinary research in Next-Generation Mobility, Future Medicine and Healthcare, Infrastructure Management, Disaster Prevention and Energy, and Education with a collaborative endeavor between Tsukuba City, industries, universities, governments, local communities.
- 〈Area: Material〉
Project: Materials Science for Carbon Neutrality
- A “hydrogen boride sheet” that could be applied to carbon neutrality through hydrogen release and storage has developed.
Collaborative researches with several companies are underway.